We are an autonomous Baptist church. We base our faith and practice on the Word of God and primarily use the NIV in our various ministries.
Our constitution and doctrinal statement are available through the church office. The doctrinal section can be read online here.
We have also chosen to fellowship with the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches and the Michigan Association of Regular Baptist Churches. Each of their websites provides a statement of faith that is consistent with what we believe. The GARBC Articles of Faith can be found here. The MARBC Articles of Faith can be located here.
Mission and Vision
These two statements sum up why we are here and what we aim to do…
Our mission statement is this: Calvary Baptist Church exists to… bring glory to God by:
1) Worship: that expresses our love to Him.
2) Evangelism: bringing people to Jesus Christ through proclamation of the Gospel at home and abroad.
3) Fellowship: belonging together in a family that encourages and cares.
4) Service: equipping believers for ministry in the church.
5) Discipleship: developing believers to Christ like maturity.
(1 Corinthians 10:31, Matthew 22:37-39, 28:19-20, Ephesians 4:11-13)
Our vision as a church is to “Make more disciples of Jesus who worship, link, learn, and serve.“